All the fun of the Festival!
Where else could you experience live music from a quartet covering classical, blues, swing, primary school's gospel choirs, rock, and tribute bands? Theatre performances include Shakespeare at The Grappenhall Heys Walled Garden, ‘Happy Jack’ and a show featuring songs from the musicals.
Festival fun for children
Back by popular demand are the Climbing Wall, Kraftynoon, face painting and the Bubble Man. This is as well as farm animals, Pinxton Puppets and a children’s theatre showing of Treasure Island.
For art and craft lovers
Building on the success of 2017, art and craft demonstrations by professional artists will return and new for 2018 will be creative clothes recycling - come along to these events for fantastic creative ideas. The Festival Art exhibition of work by local artists takes place from Wednesday 4 July to Sunday 8 July at St Thomas’ Church.
Other cultural activities
The Festival would not be complete without a comedy night, storytelling and poetry and Local writer Nigel Wilkinson will talk about Warrington soldiers in WW1. There will be a special showing of the film Suffragettes to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of votes for women, sporting tasters and canal boat trips.
It’s competition time! The theme for the ever-popular Scarecrow Competition is Disney Characters which offers huge scope for the imagination. There are many much-loved characters and unforgettable classic films. Which Disney character will be your favourite ?
For photography lovers, there will be a competition themed 'Out and about in Stockton Heath’ which can capture any subject from people, or architecture to landscapes or wildlife.
A snapshot of some of the Festival events includes:
- Stockton Heath Methodist Drama Group
- The Friends of Walton Hall concert of music by Mozart, Dvorak and Cole Porter
- Comedy Night at the Slug and Lettuce
- Viva La Coldplay tribute band
- Treasure Island by M&M Theatrical Productions
- Gemini Musical Theatre Company presents songs from the musicals
- Library Theatre Company present ‘Happy Jack’
- Poems and Short Stories with Stockton Heath Writers Group
- Illyria present The Merchant of Venice
- Rock Night with local bands The Ambersons and Joe Hatton & His Band
- Phil Shotton’s Seven Piece Swing Band and vocalist Chris James
- David Live, a Bowie tribute band
Some of the events are ticketed - tickets will go on sale online and at the Box Office outside Marks & Spencer in The Forge, Stockton Heath at 10 am on 8 June 2018. Follow the Festival on social media and subscribe to the newsletter for further updates as and when they happen.
The organisers would like to thank the sponsors of the Festival as without their support the event would not have grown into the success it is today.
Stockton Heath Festival information
Festival news - Twitter and Facebook
Website - www.stocktonheathfestival.co.uk
Get involved - email@example.com
General enquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org